This is how a Visualization Builder looks like:
- For visualization’s Y axis, select a metrics aggregator.
- You can add more than one metric in the Y axis by clicking the Add Metrics option.
- For visualization’s X axis, select a bucket aggregator.
- You can further break down the data by specifying sub-aggregations in X axis with the help of Add sub-buckets option.
- Metrics in the Y axis are independent of one another.
- In the X axis, the first aggregation determines the data set for any subsequent aggregations.
- Hence sub-aggregations are applied in order of priority—you can drag the aggregations to change the order in which they’re applied using the aggregation execution order buttons.
- You can also make use of the filters explained in the filter section to refine your data.
- Once all the axis parameters are selected, click on the run button to run the visualization.
To clear all the selected parameters, click on the clear button beside the run button.
- Enter a string in the Custom Label field to change the display label.
- You can customize the colors of your visualization by clicking the color dot next to each label to display the color picker.
- You can click the Advanced link to display more customization options for your metrics or bucket aggregation:
Specify a pattern in this field to exclude from the results. For ex. if you want to exclude a particular category you just type the name of the category in the exclude box. If you want to exclude multiple categories, then use ‘|’ as the separator between category names.Include Pattern
Specify a pattern in this field to include in the results.
- Select the Options tab to change several aspects of the chart. This has been explained in detail in the types of visualizations section.
Viewing Detailed Information
To display the raw data behind the visualization, click the caret at the bottom of the container. Tabs with detailed information about the raw data replace the visualization:
Table tab – A representation of the underlying data, presented in a table format. You can sort the items in the table by clicking on the table headers at the top of each column.
To export the raw data behind the visualization as a comma-separated-values (CSV) file, click on either the Raw or Formatted links at the bottom of any of the detailed information tabs.