The time filter restricts the search results to a specific time period.
By default the time filter is set to the last 15 minutes. You can use the Time Picker to change the time filter or select a specific time interval or time range in the histogram at the top of the page.
To set a time filter with the Time Picker:
- Click Time Picker in the toolbar.
- To set a quick filter, click one of the shortcut links.
- To specify a time filter relative to the current time, click Relative and specify the start time as a number of seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, or years ago.
- To specify both the start and end times for the time filter, click Absolute and select a start and end date. You can adjust the time by editing the To and From fields.
- Click the caret in the bottom right corner to close the Time Picker.
You can also set a time filter using a histogram provided your dashboard contains one. To set time interval using a histogram do one of the following:
- Click the bar that represents the time interval you want to zoom in on.
- Click and drag to view a specific timespan. You must start the selection with the cursor over the background of the chart—the cursor changes to a plus sign when you hover over a valid start point.
You can use the browser Back button to undo your changes.
The histogram lists the time range you’re currently exploring, as well as the intervals that range is currently using. To change the intervals, click the link and select an interval from the drop-down. The default behavior automatically sets an interval based on the time range.